Built for outstanding performance, you can rely on your Side-Power bow thruster or stern thruster year after year. Boatbuilders all over the world are choosing Side-Power for reliability, ease of installation, and unrivaled safety features. This commitment to quality has made the new range of Side-Power thrusters manufactured by Sleipner Motor the market leader. This is why leading boat builders over the world choose Side-Power – year after year!
The high performance of a Side-Power thruster is a result of our continuous efforts in product development and testing.
- Propulsion technology know-how
- 5-bladed composite propellers
- Purpose-built high-power electric motors
- Improved water flow from streamlined gear house design
Through our extensive experience and close co-operation with major boat builders, we know how important a correct installation is for the thruster system. Therefore we have made all the preparations to ensure that it is easy to install a Side-Power correctly.
- Compact-sized units
- “Plug and go” electric wiring
- Easily accessible battery cable terminals
- Fast and safe propeller mounting with locknut
- Professional and solid GRP stern thruster kits
- Easy access to zinc anodes
Side-Power thrusters include several features to ensure the safety of your boat and its passengers. Features that protect against technical and operator errors.
- No overheating of electric motor
- Mechanical protection of drive gear
- Electronic protection against sudden change of drive direction
- No accidental operation from child safe on/off and automatic deactivation
- Self-extinguishing relay covers
- IPC comes standard on all DC electric thrusters hence reducing solenoid wear and the risk of lock-in.
- Production, assembly and quality control taking place in our ISO-certified factory in Fredrikstad, Norway